1. Why get a wooden a chopping board?
- The porous nature of wood is gentle on knives allowing your knives to stay sharp for longer.
- People are often sceptical about how hygienic wood is as it can absorb fluids – but do not fear! Wood absorbs bacteria, traps it and then kills it which makes wooden chopping boards hygienic.
- We make our chopping boards from salvaged wood from our Milestone Kitchens factory which reduces the amount of wastage in our factory.
- Milestone Kitchens wooden chopping boards are not only environmentally friendly, durable and anti-microbial they are also aesthetically pleasing.
2. How do I look after my chopping board?
Your wooden chopping board can last almost forever if you look after it carefully. Here are some tips to keep it in good nick:
- Lightly wipe your chopping board with food-safe oil like Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil, on both sides regularly, this makes them more waterproof and less likely to warp.
- Hand washing with soap water and air drying you board will minimise the chances of warping.
- Use both sides of your board. Using one side will cause moisture to soak into one side of the board, but not the other.
- Over time, of you feel your board has accumulated too many grooves, dents or scratches, you can always sand the board down and re-oil it – making it look as good as new!